GET AWAY. GET FOCUSED. THE RULES HAVE CHANGED. NOW YOU CAN WORK FROM ANYWHERE.
- Coworking space with high speed internet
- Community events (BBQ, beach yoga, surf)
- Weekly Cleaning service
- Surf rent or lessons
- Bike trips
- Hiking Tours
- Transportation to the villa
A comfy place with everything you need for up to 12 people
- Private or shared rooms
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Yoga room
- Communal supplies
- Board and wetsuit storage
Outsite Santa Cruz is the only beach villa with coworking space in the San Francisco Bay Area. Entrepreneurs, startup teams and digital nomads come from all over the world to live, work and enjoy the coastal lifestyle.
Every week Outsite organizes group activities to get the house together and have fun. They invite you join them for group dinners, beach yoga, hiking trips, beach volleyball, movie nights and BBQs.
With 29 beaches surrounding the city, Santa Cruz is famous for world-class waves and cliff walks. Go beyond the beach to find miles of forested mountain bike trails, a top research University, you-pick organic farms and coffee shops brimming with hipsters, hippies and entrepreneurs.
- Fast internet
- Comfortable chairs
- Organic coffee
Emmanuel Guisset is an experienced Belgian entrepreneur based in California since 2010. While traveling the world as a digital nomad, Emmanuel realised how hard it is to combine productivity and a sense of local community and leisure. Outsite solves this problem
Who is Outsite for?
- Freelance workers
- Teams who need to concentrate on their projects
- Business travellers
- Entrepreneurs with no time to go on vacation
- Employees who can work remotely for a period of time
- PHD students
What kind of working environment?
- Shared office space right next to the residence
- Call space
- Each visitor is equipped with a desk, confortable chair and fast internet connection
What’s the living situation like?
- Private rooms are available for solo travelers or couples
- If you are coming with friends, we have a double/ triple room
- There is also a shared room with ocean view that can host up to 4 people
How is grocery shopping and cooking organized?
Sunny Office will organize the shopping and make regular shopping lists so you don’t have to worry about going shopping yourself and at the same time everything you need will be available in the fridge. Breakfast is prepared by the Sunny Office team. For lunch everyone usually takes care of themselves and in the evenings someone in the group cooks for everyone. Some evenings we also go out for dinner – this is always unique depending on the preferences of the group.
How much space is there?
- The Villa can accommodate up to 12 people
How to get there?
- For internationals travelers, we recommend using www.skyscanner.com to search for flights
- San Jose airport is 35 min away and San Francisco airport is 1h10 away. Count 1h30 to get to Outsite from San Francisco. You can take the slightly slower scenic road along the coast and check various surf spots and beach towns or take the highway 280 then highway 17 when you reach San Jose. If you live in the Bay area and don’t have a car, you can either take the greyhound bus (www.greyhound.com) or you can take the Calt train to San Jose (www.caltrain.com) and then catch the highway 17 bus to downtown Santa Cruz (http://www.scmtd.com/en/routes/schedules/systemschedule/17)
- Note that you don’t really need a car in Santa Cruz as you can get to the beach, main surf spots, super markets and downtown by bike. We provide bike rentals
What to bring ?
- Communal supply such as toilet rolls, kitchen towel and cleaning supply are ready for your use upon arrival
- Every room comes with a set of bedding and towels
- Since the purpose of your trip…
What about hygiene and cleanliness?
- Housekeeping comes to clean the house and office once per week
- The residence has a washing/drying machine for your laundry
- The house has a dishwasher and guests are invited to clean their dishes after each meal
Are food expenses included in the price?
- Food is not included in your Outsite package although there will be free coffee in the work space
- The residence has a large fully equipped kitchen and a big bbq grill in the patio. Communal dinners and BBQ’s are encouraged and will be regularly organized
- There are also many local restaurants to choose from. Santa Cruz is also reknown for it’s numerous organic and vegan places
- Tap water is also one of the best in California
Where to shop?
As mentioned before, everything you need is within walking/ biking distance. This include a shopping plaza with Safeway supermarket and pharmacy. You can also shop local organic produces at the farmers market taking place every Saturday.
What is the surf like?
- There is pretty much always something to surf in the Santa Cruz area
- Most the waves are right hand reefs and point breaks that break in deep water. There are also a few good beachbreaks and a couple of lefts breaks.
- The nearest surf spot Getchell’s street is a 2 minutes walk from the house. It’s a user friendly reef break that usually breaks from November to May.
- We recommend the iconic Steamer Lane for advanced surfers.
- The surfspots in town are usually a bit crowded during the day but if you manage to get up early, you can definitely find some quiet time.
- There are numerous spots north and south of Santa Cruz that are pretty consistent and uncrowded
- Don’t worry about the sharks. They are well fed (;
What about surfing for beginners?
- You can walk or bike to Cowells beach for long gentle rolling waves. It’s one of the best beginner beach in California.
- The other area for beginners is located on the east side of Santa Cruz, approximately a 15 min car ride from the Surf office. That area is called Pleasure Point, may be because it’s a pleasure to surf there (;
- There a few local surf schools and we recommend you to get in touch with Santa Cruz surfschool: www.santacruzsurfschool.com. It’s 90 USD per group class (2h) and 120 USD for a private lesson (1h)
- We also have a few boards and wetsuits for rent